The Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON 2024) has been a hugely entertaining event so far, and many fans are wondering whether or not there are more AFCON fixtures today.
There is fantastic news for fans looking for information on the AFCON matches today, since we have quite a treat coming up!
Although there aren't many AFCON fixtures today, in fact, there is only one AFCON match today, but it is the final of the competition.
In the final of AFCON 2024, we have Nigeria vs Ivory Coast, which is a repeat of one of the matches in the group stage, where the Super Eagles won 1-0.
AFCON fixtures today: What time is Nigeria vs Ivory Coast?
We've already established that it will be the Super Eagles vs the Elephants in the AFCON match today, but what time will the match take place?
We can answer that question, where the AFCON fixtures today will take place, and some other questions about Nigeria vs Ivory Coast.
- AFCON final – Nigeria vs Ivory Coast, Sunday 11 February, Alassane Ouattara Stadium, Abidjan. Kickoff – 9pm Nigeria time.
AFCON fixtures today: Nigeria vs Ivory Coast preview
Nigeria demonstrated resilience against South Africa's Bafana Bafana in the semi-final, prevailing in a penalty shootout. With a chance to secure their fourth AFCON title this weekend, they face the tournament hosts, who have gained momentum in the knockout stages under José Peseiro.
Ivory Coast, after a lacklustre group stage, gained momentum by overcoming defending champions Senegal, Mali, and DR Congo. Despite a previous loss to Nigeria in this tournament, Emerse Faé's squad face a tough challenge against the Super Eagles.
In their head-to-head history of 28 encounters, Nigeria and Ivory Coast have nine wins each, with 10 draws.
Nigeria, currently on a five-match winning streak with no losses at AFCON 2024, boast a solid defensive record, conceding only two goals in six matches and maintaining four clean sheets. Additionally, they have scored in every match.
In contrast, Ivory Coast won three consecutive games, but two of those victories required at least 120 minutes. Their defensive vulnerabilities are evident, having conceded seven times in their last five matches.
The tactical analysis suggests an intriguing matchup between Nigeria's efficient and solid team and Ivory Coast's resilient yet defensively challenged squad.
Where to watch the AFCON fixtures today
CAF is committed to ensuring widespread access to the tournament by making all the AFCON matches today free-to-air throughout the continent.
The AFCON matches today are no exception.
- In Nigeria, you can watch the AFCON matches today on AfroSport, alongside SuperSport and GoTV.
- GTV is the primary broadcaster in Ghana if you want to watch any of the AFCON fixtures today.
- Viewers in South Africa can catch the AFCON fixtures today on SuperSport and SABC.
- CANAL+ will provide French-language coverage of the AFCON matches today in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- beIN Sport will cover the Middle East, North Africa, France, the United States, and Australia.
- Sky Sports will broadcast the AFCON fixtures today for UK and Ireland viewers.
- Netherlands fans should tune in to ZIGGO Sport if they want to watch the AFCON matches today.
Additionally, CAF's own media channels will showcase the AFCON matches today in selected countries.